Write a reflection about your overall experience as a LMC intern for the semester. Include what you enjoyed and what you accomplished during the semester. Include any advice you have for future interns!
As an intern for LMC first block, it was definitely a good way to start my mornings off. Each day I had a certain routine I would follow along with some other things that changed on a daily basis. Some things that stayed consistent throughout the semester included changing the newspapers, adding/removing magazines from the magazine rack, and checking books in and out of the library to students. This was something I really enjoyed because I was able to interact with my classmates and meet people I hadn’t known before being an intern. After just a few days I could recognize faces I wasn’t usually familiar with and build new friendships with these people. Aside from my normal routine, I would deliver things to teachers throughout the school, create posters for new books, and color-coat stickers on books. Out of everything I’ve accomplished so far, there really hasn’t been anything that I disliked. I’ve enjoyed working with Ms. Schmidt and Mrs. Moyer and helping out not only them, but students who would come into the LMC as well. My advice for future interns would be to interact with new faces as much as possible, not just the people they’re friends with. Seeing as we’re in high school I think a lot of kids are quick to judge the people around them and stereotype or misjudge them. By talking to them and getting to know them, you really can find out things you originally didn’t know and it's always good to make new friends! -Mattie Vojtasek, Block 1
I go to the middle school everyday and work for Mrs. Mathews and Mrs. Boyer. I shelve books for them, laminate books, and stamp the schools name on books. Its nice to be out of class and doing what i feel is real work, they are very nice and the students come to me when they need help finding books. I feel that I am learning a lot, and I dont regret being an intern one bit. I would like to learn how to check in and check out books for the students though, that would be the only thing i'ld change. -Sarah Wanner
One of my projects for this marking period has been the retiree social. I have enjoyed working on the detail-oriented project and have been sending quite a few emails. Another project I'm working on is the Food Revolution day/week. I was at first really nervous to email Mr. Seifert about possibly helping me promote organic gardening but he was so willing to work with me now I feel more open to reaching out to people I don't know well and just seeing if they'd be interested in helping in any way. Mrs. Porter has been so great about agreeing to provide some food for these events and that makes such a positive difference in getting ready for them. The kindle e-books are all catalouged and able to be searched in OPAC which makes me feel good. I have also been able to suggest books, help find books, and check books in and out which makes me feel like a successful library helper! Samantha Kostaras
I loved working at the school library and learnning about how to keep things in order. I am going to miss helping out and getting things done properly. -Kla Jae Nagle
MARKING PERIOD 6 As an intern for the LMC, one of my favorite things to do was help out with the 9/11 Remembrance Day. Although the event was set up by the social studies department, I got to talk to all of the guest speakers before the classes came down and talk to them individually about their experiences with 9/11 and the war (if they were in one). It was really interesting because I got a better understanding about what life was life for them and I learned a lot of new things! Besides that, overall I enjoyed being in the LMC everyday because of the people I got to interact with and because I knew I was able to help out others. Other than the everyday tasks of getting the newspaper, putting new magazines out, and checking books in and out to students, this marking period I got to help out a lot of other teachers like Mrs. Carman. As said before, there really was nothing I didn’t like! -Mattie Vojtasek
As an intern for LMC first block, it was definitely a good way to start my mornings off. Each day I had a certain routine I would follow along with some other things that changed on a daily basis. Some things that stayed consistent throughout the semester included changing the newspapers, adding/removing magazines from the magazine rack, and checking books in and out of the library to students. This was something I really enjoyed because I was able to interact with my classmates and meet people I hadn’t known before being an intern. After just a few days I could recognize faces I wasn’t usually familiar with and build new friendships with these people. Aside from my normal routine, I would deliver things to teachers throughout the school, create posters for new books, and color-coat stickers on books. Out of everything I’ve accomplished so far, there really hasn’t been anything that I disliked. I’ve enjoyed working with Ms. Schmidt and Mrs. Moyer and helping out not only them, but students who would come into the LMC as well. My advice for future interns would be to interact with new faces as much as possible, not just the people they’re friends with. Seeing as we’re in high school I think a lot of kids are quick to judge the people around them and stereotype or misjudge them. By talking to them and getting to know them, you really can find out things you originally didn’t know and it's always good to make new friends!
ReplyDelete-Mattie Vojtasek, Block 1
I go to the middle school everyday and work for Mrs. Mathews and Mrs. Boyer. I shelve books for them, laminate books, and stamp the schools name on books. Its nice to be out of class and doing what i feel is real work, they are very nice and the students come to me when they need help finding books. I feel that I am learning a lot, and I dont regret being an intern one bit. I would like to learn how to check in and check out books for the students though, that would be the only thing i'ld change.
ReplyDelete-Sarah Wanner
One of my projects for this marking period has been the retiree social. I have enjoyed working on the detail-oriented project and have been sending quite a few emails. Another project I'm working on is the Food Revolution day/week. I was at first really nervous to email Mr. Seifert about possibly helping me promote organic gardening but he was so willing to work with me now I feel more open to reaching out to people I don't know well and just seeing if they'd be interested in helping in any way. Mrs. Porter has been so great about agreeing to provide some food for these events and that makes such a positive difference in getting ready for them. The kindle e-books are all catalouged and able to be searched in OPAC which makes me feel good. I have also been able to suggest books, help find books, and check books in and out which makes me feel like a successful library helper!
ReplyDeleteSamantha Kostaras
I loved working at the school library and learnning about how to keep things in order. I am going to miss helping out and getting things done properly.
ReplyDelete-Kla Jae Nagle
MARKING PERIOD 6
ReplyDeleteAs an intern for the LMC, one of my favorite things to do was help out with the 9/11 Remembrance Day. Although the event was set up by the social studies department, I got to talk to all of the guest speakers before the classes came down and talk to them individually about their experiences with 9/11 and the war (if they were in one). It was really interesting because I got a better understanding about what life was life for them and I learned a lot of new things! Besides that, overall I enjoyed being in the LMC everyday because of the people I got to interact with and because I knew I was able to help out others. Other than the everyday tasks of getting the newspaper, putting new magazines out, and checking books in and out to students, this marking period I got to help out a lot of other teachers like Mrs. Carman. As said before, there really was nothing I didn’t like!
-Mattie Vojtasek