Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Marking Period 4 Spring 11-12

Write a reflection about your experience as a LMC intern for the marking period. Include what you enjoyed and what you intend to accomplish in the next marking period.

5 comments:

  1. Every day at third block, I intern at the LMC. I enjoy my time there immensely, and the staff are a joy to be around. I am more involved in my library more now than I ever was before, and the internship was the push I needed to do so. I enjoy managing the books in the library, and getting the word out about library events. The work I do in the library is the kind of work that I like to do. Sometimes it is mundane, but I get time alone. I see it as a nice break in the middle of the day. Of course, it is work. Just enjoyable work. I love being of help to the library staff, and I look forward to my time in library every day. I've also learned alot about the library I did not know before. For the next marking period, I intend on, for the most part, continuing as I have. Hopefully, I could plan more events, and, as a result, be a part of more LMC events.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would have to say that I love working here. It's fun, easy, and the only thing I can't stand is organizing the shelfs, but every thing has it's hard points and thats alright with me. I hope that I can keep up with everything and make everybody proud to have me working here. I just hope to do more in the future so I can gain an A.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am one of the second block interns every other day. My main project has been trying to catalog the e-books for the Kindles. This has been a challenge because many of these books do not have their ISBNs. I have enjoyed this task, however, because it requires a lot of attention to detail. It seems like I'm always doing something in here and I love that. I learned how to check out books in several ways, how to catalog books, and how to sensitize and desensitize books. My favorite part of this marking period was seeing people and trying to help them whenever I can.

    ReplyDelete
  4. While I'm really only half-interning in the library, I feel like I still get more done than I do in any other class! For the library itself I've been sort of uninvolved comparatively, I've made a couple of signs and am putting together an individual learning program for students who want to learn more about Philosophy, Psychology and the Arts (mostly). Individually I've been working on my music, practicing to understand notation through guitar and how music as a whole works. Mr. Hacket refreshed my ninth grade knowledge of the Circle of Fifths and taught be bits about chord progression, but more recently I've been working towards translating all my songs from guitar to tablature to full staff notation that could be played on any instrument. It's really exciting for me since I'm a huge music nerd who likes tangible end products. I have three songs complete so far on the staff, and hope to finish the rest really soon because the notation is coming naturally to me now. I feel like I really understand music better than before. Next Marking Period I'm hoping to meet with A.S. King and ask about her writing, where to go with writing, and how I can improve on my writing. I'm not sure if I'll do writing instead of music next marking period, but we'll see. I also want to really get moving on my Comic Book/Graphic Novel Day in May and get the independent classes all put together.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Julian E.

    When fourth block rolls around, i intern at the library. This class is by far one of the best, if not the best, class i have ever had. I say that because when i weigh the good things and the bad things about this class..the good wins by a landslide. I get to work under my favorite teacher, the staff is friendlier then anybody you would meet and the work is easy to do if you listen to directions. So i pretty much want to accomplish the same things and more next marking period as i did this marking period, and making shure that everything that is asked of me gets done is top of the list.

    ReplyDelete