Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Marking Period 5 Spring 11-12

Write a reflection about your experience as a LMC intern for the marking period. Include what you enjoyed and what you intend to accomplish in the next marking period.

5 comments:

  1. I am one of the library interns for block one. My main projects for this marking period have been checking books in and out for students, watering the plants, and changing the posters in the showcases outside of the LMC as well as making new ones. One thing I really enjoy about being an intern is that I’m always seeing new faces and interacting with people. Compared to being in a regular class first block, I think I’m learning a lot more because I’m physically doing things rather than just sitting at a desk writing, and I’m also helping people at the same time. One thing I would change about being a library intern is that we have to create an “event” each marking period. I find difficulty with this because in my opinion it’s hard to get a group of high school students to talk about a new book, or something else library related. Other than that, there really is nothing else I would change. Overall, I enjoy being in the library every day!
    -Mattie

    ReplyDelete
  2. This marking period I've mostly been working on gettings together for the comic book/graphic novel day. I did get to meet with Amy King though, which was super amazing. I definitely got a lot of inspiration back and dedication for writing and even my music when I met with her. I feel like she really got me and the fact that she had faith in me was refreshing. But besides that I've been putting some posters together, seeing if red plastic can cover the lights, and cutting out massive amounts of superhero names and powers. Just keeping my fingers crossed that everything pulls together on the day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. There's not much to say. Working as an intern is fun and pretty easy compared to my other classes. I lover putting the books back on the shelves, I always find books that I like that way. And I enjoy the moments I have to myself so that I can get work from other classes done.
    -Kla Jae Nagle

    ReplyDelete
  4. This marking period, I've been working alot more with the students that come down to the library. I've been helping kids find books, and recommending books to them for classes. I also have been doing alot with the new award winning books in the library. However, most of the time I do odd jobs, such as check in books that have been returned, and try to find books on the shelves for the library staff. I've been doing a lot of chillin out, though. : )
    Still loving my time here, even if I'm not as busy this marking period.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Im the 4th block intern for LMC and i would have to say that i've had as much fun interning this marking period as i've had the last marking period. This marking period i've mainly been helping to put the books back in the shelves and help the students find books that they could not find. i've also started to get more intermingled with the students and i look forward to interning next marking period for Miss Schmidt and her staff again.

    ReplyDelete