Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Marking Period 2 Fall 2011

Write a reflection about your experience as a LMC intern for the marking period. Include what you enjoyed and what you intend to accomplish in the last marking period.

3 comments:

  1. This marking period I have done many small projects, each consisting of about 1-2 classes. As in the last marking period, I have worked on another newsletter. The newsletter will hopefully be finished within the week. Along with formulating the newsletter, I have compiled our new books list on an excel sheet and also posted this list to facebook.
    In the next marking period, I intend to start another newsletter and hopefully finish it with the help of the other interns. I also intend to create an Intern Camtasia project, outlining the intern's responsibilities. I will also outline in this video the most efficient ways I have found to create the newsletter, booklists and other tasks.

    -Pete

    ReplyDelete
  2. Marking period two has been so full with many things to do I never had a dull day in the LMC. I virtually have finished the series project besides the ever-going task of finding new book that haven’t been marked yet. Other small tasks I have done include decorating the LMC, updating the display case for Day of the Dead and after, fixing banners, and putting books back into circulation. There are a few other projects I will try to complete during MP3, which includes labeling the non-fiction by genre and maybe a “book group”.

    ReplyDelete
  3. (Post for Marking Period 3)

    In the third marking period, I helped create our second library newsletter. I also completed my camtasia project on the responsibilities of an intern. Throughout the marking period, I also completed smaller tasks such as labeling books and numbering the yearbooks. My favorite part of the marking period was waiving book fines on amnesty day (or whatever we are calling it now).

    Overall, I enjoyed my time in the library. I really enjoyed getting to work with the library staff and having a fun time. Considering this was one of the first semesters for library interns, I thought the course was well structured and I took information away from my experiences. I liked the idea of the newsletter and I hope this continues for other interns. I was pleased with the camtasia project I compiled at the end of the year and I hope this will help future interns.

    As a whole, I thought the library benefitted from having interns available to help. Having student interns also promotes other students to come to the desk and ask questions for help. Throughout the semester, I helped other students find books, print papers and solve computer issues. I also think it is great to have interns help return books, as both you (Ms. Schmidt) and Mrs. Moyer are often busy with other tasks.

    A final thought: the course did not involve much out of school work or "paper work," and I thought this was really good. I feel that many times in high school, we as students have to complete tasks purely so teachers can have something to grade. The only thing we had to submit for this course was the blog post, which was not a bad thing because it allowed for feedback. By having little outside work or paper work, I was able to focus my time on creating projects for the library. I think for future interns, you should continue to grade on effort and cooperation in the library, and not begin to ask for long paperwork from interns. In other words, keep doing what your doing :-)

    ReplyDelete