Write a reflection about your overall experience as a LMC intern for the semester. Include what you enjoyed and what you accomplished during the semester. Include any advice you have for future interns!
As my high school career is coming to an end, I have to admit I am extremely satisfyed with the choice I made to take this class. Spending one block every day this semester at the library has been as fun as it was helpful for me. I really liked coming here and getting time to relax, and also time to to learn about things not in any of my other classes (creating PathFinders really made me learn A LOT). I think the biggest thing I accomplished, although it wasn't necessarily in this Spring semester, was getting the well-known auther Ellen Hopkins to visit our library free of charge! To future interns- make sure to smile, laugh, and be positive every day. The best thing about this library are all the wonderful people in it. Also, know your alphabet. Have fun!
Now that my senior year is over, I am proud to say I have learned where almost everything in this library goes, and overall the whole circulation desk. I really enjoyed getting to know everyone that comes into the library and getting to socialize. Some definite advice I would give to future interns would be to come in, check all books in, and get to putting all returns away in the shelves so you have free time at the end to finish your requirements on the computer. Also, make sure you use any other free time to read or start a new book to write your book review on. Don't wait until the last minute to do your assignments like I usually did because it's a pain and you will have time to do them during the marking period. Overall, I've really enjoyed my time here as a library intern and am sad to see it come to an end.
As my high school career is coming to an end, I have to admit I am extremely satisfyed with the choice I made to take this class. Spending one block every day this semester at the library has been as fun as it was helpful for me.
ReplyDeleteI really liked coming here and getting time to relax, and also time to to learn about things not in any of my other classes (creating PathFinders really made me learn A LOT). I think the biggest thing I accomplished, although it wasn't necessarily in this Spring semester, was getting the well-known auther Ellen Hopkins to visit our library free of charge!
To future interns- make sure to smile, laugh, and be positive every day. The best thing about this library are all the wonderful people in it. Also, know your alphabet. Have fun!
Now that my senior year is over, I am proud to say I have learned where almost everything in this library goes, and overall the whole circulation desk. I really enjoyed getting to know everyone that comes into the library and getting to socialize. Some definite advice I would give to future interns would be to come in, check all books in, and get to putting all returns away in the shelves so you have free time at the end to finish your requirements on the computer. Also, make sure you use any other free time to read or start a new book to write your book review on. Don't wait until the last minute to do your assignments like I usually did because it's a pain and you will have time to do them during the marking period. Overall, I've really enjoyed my time here as a library intern and am sad to see it come to an end.
ReplyDelete