Write a reflection about your overall experience as a LMC intern for the semester. Include what you enjoyed and what you accomplished during the semester. Include any advice you have for future interns!
I was able to write a lot of reviews for books and next week I am going to have my MPP event. There wasn't anything I didn't really like this marking period. For future interns, I would tell them to try and return the books to the shelves more often so the cart isn't filled and to think of events in the begining of the marking period and not wait until the end.
This half of the year has been a great year no complaints at all for the library internship, It has been a great experience to come in after a long day and enjoy the music that is playing and the happy atmosphere that is always in the LMC. I would have liked to do an Mpp event but nothing really came to mind for me so I would have liked to do one. For the future interns I would Definitely suggest to Write more reviews and most important put the books away as often as you can so when a big lot of people come in it is not as many books to put away.
As this being my second internship, I learned more than I thought I would. Especially before the 1st internship, I (like most students) had no idea that LMC offered as many services as it does. The online subscriptions to the many databases were a life-saver for me! But the very thought of fellow students aiding other students with the same skills THEY had to learn when underclassmen is neat. I wish every block for any class had a capable Intern, for crossmoginating the gap between "adult teacher" and "snot-nosed freshman" stimulates the learning environment and provides a comfortable laid-back atmosphere. All of this is in my humble opinion, but I have been filled with joy ever since I grasped the holistic ideology of public high schools. The skills I have learned as a LMC intern are equally valuable as any other required english or math class I have taken. School is much more than a place to get assign homework and take test; it is a social experiment that enriches you as much as one is willing to take.
I think that this is the highlight of my of my senior year. Working with people in here was the best experience in the fall semester of my senior year. Getting to be in here was so much fun. It helped me to actually be more organized.I also didn't think that working in here would be so diversed. The LMC is no regular library. People come in here and they can relax for a couple mintues and get away from a crazy class. That's how I feel about it as well. I felt like during my second block I could work in here and wake myself up. I came in here and was so relaxed by the vibe. I loved working in here and if I could do it all year I know I would.
I originally thought of the idea of being a LMC Intern last year, when Drew was an intern for the first time. He told me about it and it seemed like a really neat idea and I wrote it down on my scheduling sheet as soon as I got it. Looking back over the semester, I realize that I really did enjoy the class. It exercised my skills at attention to detail, because I can now spot a book in the wrong place from a mile (give or take) away.
I am glad that I got to run the Harry Potter Book/Movie/etc. club a couple of times this Semester, and I will try to run it again in the second Semester. I also recorded the first and last call number of every shelf in the library (besides the Reference and New Arrivals sections) for the purpose of updating the shelf labels. Also, I enjoyed getting to glance at the newspapers and magazines every day, too.
For future LMC Interns: Choosing to be an LMC Intern, especially in place of Service Learning, was an excellent choice. You will have work to do, but it is never too difficult, except when you have to decorate for Christmas (just kidding). Just always keep your eye out for a misplaced book, and make sure you do the little “paperwork” you do have to do on time. And Enjoy the Experience!!
I always felt at home in a library. And it's good to be learning more about it. I am beginning to understand that the library is more than just books and checking them in and out. There is a lot of work put forth for the library to run. You have to really pay attention when you are putting books back, and you have to spot when a book is not in the correct place. After this experience, I will always take the time to put a book back were I found it. And the library keeps up with all the latest magazines. It's fun going back there and seeing all those magazines. You could learn about all the different culture from another place, like this one magazine that concentrates on the Chinese culture.
What I really love is that I am always learning, even today. I learned that you want to check and make sure that all the books are checked in. Otherwise a student will be fined for a book they already dropped off. This seemed like a small thing, but when I really thought about. I never do like being fined for a book. For future interns, make sure you do the job right, not fast. -Steph C.
I was able to write a lot of reviews for books and next week I am going to have my MPP event. There wasn't anything I didn't really like this marking period. For future interns, I would tell them to try and return the books to the shelves more often so the cart isn't filled and to think of events in the begining of the marking period and not wait until the end.
ReplyDeleteThis half of the year has been a great year no complaints at all for the library internship, It has been a great experience to come in after a long day and enjoy the music that is playing and the happy atmosphere that is always in the LMC. I would have liked to do an Mpp event but nothing really came to mind for me so I would have liked to do one. For the future interns I would Definitely suggest to Write more reviews and most important put the books away as often as you can so when a big lot of people come in it is not as many books to put away.
ReplyDeleteAs this being my second internship, I learned more than I thought I would. Especially before the 1st internship, I (like most students) had no idea that LMC offered as many services as it does. The online subscriptions to the many databases were a life-saver for me! But the very thought of fellow students aiding other students with the same skills THEY had to learn when underclassmen is neat. I wish every block for any class had a capable Intern, for crossmoginating the gap between "adult teacher" and "snot-nosed freshman" stimulates the learning environment and provides a comfortable laid-back atmosphere. All of this is in my humble opinion, but I have been filled with joy ever since I grasped the holistic ideology of public high schools. The skills I have learned as a LMC intern are equally valuable as any other required english or math class I have taken. School is much more than a place to get assign homework and take test; it is a social experiment that enriches you as much as one is willing to take.
ReplyDeleteI think that this is the highlight of my of my senior year. Working with people in here was the best experience in the fall semester of my senior year. Getting to be in here was so much fun. It helped me to actually be more organized.I also didn't think that working in here would be so diversed. The LMC is no regular library. People come in here and they can relax for a couple mintues and get away from a crazy class. That's how I feel about it as well. I felt like during my second block I could work in here and wake myself up. I came in here and was so relaxed by the vibe. I loved working in here and if I could do it all year I know I would.
ReplyDeleteI originally thought of the idea of being a LMC Intern last year, when Drew was an intern for the first time. He told me about it and it seemed like a really neat idea and I wrote it down on my scheduling sheet as soon as I got it. Looking back over the semester, I realize that I really did enjoy the class. It exercised my skills at attention to detail, because I can now spot a book in the wrong place from a mile (give or take) away.
ReplyDeleteI am glad that I got to run the Harry Potter Book/Movie/etc. club a couple of times this Semester, and I will try to run it again in the second Semester. I also recorded the first and last call number of every shelf in the library (besides the Reference and New Arrivals sections) for the purpose of updating the shelf labels. Also, I enjoyed getting to glance at the newspapers and magazines every day, too.
For future LMC Interns: Choosing to be an LMC Intern, especially in place of Service Learning, was an excellent choice. You will have work to do, but it is never too difficult, except when you have to decorate for Christmas (just kidding). Just always keep your eye out for a misplaced book, and make sure you do the little “paperwork” you do have to do on time. And Enjoy the Experience!!
I always felt at home in a library. And it's good to be learning more about it. I am beginning to understand that the library is more than just books and checking them in and out. There is a lot of work put forth for the library to run. You have to really pay attention when you are putting books back, and you have to spot when a book is not in the correct place. After this experience, I will always take the time to put a book back were I found it. And the library keeps up with all the latest magazines. It's fun going back there and seeing all those magazines. You could learn about all the different culture from another place, like this one magazine that concentrates on the Chinese culture.
ReplyDeleteWhat I really love is that I am always learning, even today. I learned that you want to check and make sure that all the books are checked in. Otherwise a student will be fined for a book they already dropped off. This seemed like a small thing, but when I really thought about. I never do like being fined for a book. For future interns, make sure you do the job right, not fast.
-Steph C.