Tuesday, September 4, 2012

Marking Period 1 Fall 2012

Write a reflection about your experience as a LMC intern for the marking period. Include what you enjoyed and what you intend to accomplish in the next marking period.

6 comments:

  1. Unlike my previous internship, my schedule only allows for me to take this class ever-other day. Even though it may cut down on my time in the LMC, I have found that I must use the precious time I am given. I did not manage my time in a responsible manner, for I did not plan any day long events or MPP gatherings. But this coming marking period I plan releasing an "App of the Week" in the announcements. Starting up an iPad "club" during MPP would also be completely doable. I've enjoyed writing review on the LMC website and helping students with computer problems.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I injoyed coming down to the LMC this marking period and working with all the students that come down sometimes daily which is somthing great. Next marking period however I will have to come up with somthing for a day long event or an MPP meeting twice since I did not do that this marking period. I really injoyed working with the LMC staff they are wonderfull to come down here everyday and get a nice greeting and chit chat every now and then in the few moments you have to relaxing because down here not a lot of time to just sit down and relax gotta keep the books in order. Another great aspect of the library is that most of the days some teachers you may have had in previous years could come down and say hello so thats a great way to keep your relationships with your teachers open. Iv also injoyed the many many activites the LMC supports daily. For example the Ellen Hopkins vists although I was not here to meet her I heard it was a wonderfull experiance. Daniel W.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What can I say about being an intern at the CWLMC...It's seriously the best. I would rather be in there then do regular service learning. The staff is too funny and I love how we can be comfortable in the Library. I like the experience with working kids from school. When people ask me if im doing my service in the Library I'm glad to tell them that I am. This marking period was awesome and I know the next two could only really get better.

    ReplyDelete
  4. My experience as a CW Library Media Center Student Intern for the first Marking Period was very interesting. One thing that I do not like to do is put the Returned books back in their spots and or sort through the shelves to make sure everything is in order. Something that I am definitely getting better at is making copies correctly for Ms. Schmidt :) (after a few rough goings). I really do enjoy checking in, checking out, and renewing books, because it was easy to learn and it is fun to do (and I have always wanted to use one of those barcode scanners [hehehehe]). I think I have learned a lot and have gained a lot of skills and knowledge (such as that Steam Punk Fiction is about novels that concern steam-power use rather that modern electricity use). I had fun this Marking Period and look forward to two more yet to come!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Being a intern at the library has been very enjoyable. I was able to help students with any questions or problems, check in/out books, reshelve and organize books and magazines, and create links for student to use for their class work.Through my experience so far, some of my skills have increased. I look foward to continue what I have been doing and much more. Plus writing reviews in OPAC gives me even more of an excuse to read!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Having an internship here has been one of the most enjoyable school experiences I've had. Being here every day has provided me with the skills I needed to get a job over at another library which is really awesome. I am learning to pay better attention to detail here and how to better organize myself and events which are all skills that are going to be helpful in my life. I'm looking forward to all the other marking periods and learning even more skills and possible resources I can use in the future!

    ReplyDelete