Write a reflection about your experience as a LMC intern for the marking period. Include what you enjoyed and what you intend to accomplish in the next marking period.
This marking period as a library intern, I have enjoyed learning about how the library functions. I have enjoyed helping people check out books, decorating the library and other simple tasks. On a more academic side, I have been working on a Prezi tutorial that is taking longer than I had expected. One reason for this is that I've put my Prezi project on hold to work on the library's first newsletter. I am really excited about the newsletter because I feel it will update students on the new things going on in the library and also promote some of our new, awesome books. I intend to save this document as a template so that future newsletters can be easily made. Overall, I am really excited about the projects I have started this marking period. In the next marking period, I want to finish my Prezi tutorial. Once this newsletter is finished, which should be done after my next day in the library, I will resume work on the tutorial. I also want to continue to push new technology out to students and teachers. Whether this be by tutorials or by other mediums, I hope to keep moving in this direction. Also, some simple, day-to-day library tasks are a nice mental "breather" every now and then, so I hope to continue some of my library duties as well. -Pete
Being a library intern has taught me a great amount about the Library Media Center. There are processes and projects that I didn't even know the library did. For example, the LMC is in charge of the display cases outside in the hallway and of all the programs that run on in there. When working on organizing the magazines I came up with the idea of making a display of magazines. It was fun to take a idea and run with it without having any real parameters. If I could come up with another project like for Marking Period Two that would be great. I re-catagorized the "quick reads" so they are correctly organized in the system. I am doing the same with the series section, but that is going to take much longer since there are more books. One thing that I have learned is that there is vitualy always somthing to do and that there is never a boring day in the LMC, but I agree with Pete, it is a nice mental breather compared to the rest of the school day. -Andrew
This marking period as a library intern, I have enjoyed learning about how the library functions. I have enjoyed helping people check out books, decorating the library and other simple tasks. On a more academic side, I have been working on a Prezi tutorial that is taking longer than I had expected. One reason for this is that I've put my Prezi project on hold to work on the library's first newsletter. I am really excited about the newsletter because I feel it will update students on the new things going on in the library and also promote some of our new, awesome books. I intend to save this document as a template so that future newsletters can be easily made. Overall, I am really excited about the projects I have started this marking period.
ReplyDeleteIn the next marking period, I want to finish my Prezi tutorial. Once this newsletter is finished, which should be done after my next day in the library, I will resume work on the tutorial. I also want to continue to push new technology out to students and teachers. Whether this be by tutorials or by other mediums, I hope to keep moving in this direction. Also, some simple, day-to-day library tasks are a nice mental "breather" every now and then, so I hope to continue some of my library duties as well.
-Pete
Being a library intern has taught me a great amount about the Library Media Center. There are processes and projects that I didn't even know the library did. For example, the LMC is in charge of the display cases outside in the hallway and of all the programs that run on in there.
ReplyDeleteWhen working on organizing the magazines I came up with the idea of making a display of magazines. It was fun to take a idea and run with it without having any real parameters.
If I could come up with another project like for Marking Period Two that would be great.
I re-catagorized the "quick reads" so they are correctly organized in the system. I am doing the same with the series section, but that is going to take much longer since there are more books.
One thing that I have learned is that there is vitualy always somthing to do and that there is never a boring day in the LMC, but I agree with Pete, it is a nice mental breather compared to the rest of the school day.
-Andrew